Wednesday 31 March 2010

Weird Wednesday


Two Panther paperbacks of classic weird literature, by William Hope Hodgson and H P Lovecraft respectively. The House On The Borderland dates from 1972 and Charles Dexter Ward from 1973.


But who is the artist? This guy was used by panther for all their Lovecrafts and I'm guessing most of their other weird/horror literature covers, too. It would be interesting to have a list of which titles' covers he illustrated. But it would be even more interesting to know who he or she was. What else did he or she do? I've looked for a signature but can't find one and there's no credit inside any of the books I have bearing this distinctive, elaborate and insane artwork.


I know it's highly unlikely (considering I have 5 followers!) but it would be great if someone one day finds out and lets me know!

1 comment:

  1. Your mystery illustrator is one Ian Miller. You can see more of his work at www.ian-miller.org enjoy.

    ReplyDelete